Pecans contain more than 19 vitamins and minerals – including vitamin A, vitamin E, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, several B vitamins and zinc. One ounce of pecans provides 10 percent of the recommended Daily Value for fiber.
What are the benefits of consuming pecans?
• Vitamin E is powerful antioxidants that builds up in our plasma and red blood cells in the body, protecting the cells from oxidative damage and prevent artery-clogging of cholesterol
• Good source of protein & high dietary fibre
• Magnesium helps to lower blood pressure levels
• Lowering total cholesterol as it helps to decrease low-density lipoprotein (LDL) – the bad cholesterol and increase the amount of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) – the good cholesterol.
• Reducing cancer risk
• Reducing the risk of heart disease